Last Revised: June 26, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data CompConfidence processes, how CompConfidence processes it, and for what purposes.
CompConfidence provides an automated physician compensation software, DocDollar$, to help keep your focus on your organization’s mission. References to CompConfidence products in this statement include CompConfidence’s software, DocDollar$ and related services as well as websites.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This statement applies to the interactions CompConfidence has with you and the CompConfidence products listed below, as well as other CompConfidence products that display this statement.
CompConfidence collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products for a variety of purposes described below, including to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register for an event, purchase usage of DocDollar$, provide information to administer your organization’s access to DocDollar$, or contact us for support.
We rely on a variety of legal reasons and permissions (sometimes called “legal bases”) to process data, including with your consent, a balancing of legitimate interests, necessity to enter into and perform contracts, and compliance with legal obligations, for a variety of purposes described below.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time and include:
- Data brokers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Services that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as local business reviews or public social media posts.
- Communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give us permission to access your data on such third-party services or networks.
- Publicly available sources.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When you are asked to provide personal data, you can decline. Some of our products require some personal data to operate and provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data required to operate and provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with CompConfidence and the choices you make (including your privacy settings), the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law.
The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data: Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials: Passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Data to process invoicing and payments.
- Subscription and/or licensing data: Information about your subscriptions, licenses, and other entitlements.
- Interactions: Data about your use of CompConfidence products, such as website interactions, DocDollar$ usage including but not limited to error reports, payment, and account history, troubleshooting and customer support data.
- Events and promotions: If you attend an in-person event, we collect the data you provide to us when registering for or during the event. If you enter a prize promotion, we collect the data you input into the entry form. If you attend a CompConfidence event that is recorded, we may process your image and voice data.
- Feedback and ratings: Information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback, survey data, and product reviews you write.
CompConfidence uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. We may use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It may also include sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalize our products and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which may include sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
- Operate our business, which may include analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as required to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of CompConfidence.
Currently, CompConfidence has no reason to share your personal data and will not share your personal data. Should a valid reason arise, this policy will be revised.
We will retain, access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to do any of the following:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
- Operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
CompConfidence retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, the context of our interactions with you or your use of products, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
You can make choices about the collection and use of your data by CompConfidence. You can control your personal data that CompConfidence has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by directly contacting CompConfidence. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required, or permitted by applicable law. Not all personal data processed by CompConfidence can be accessed or controlled. If you want to access or control personal data processed by CompConfidence that is not available directly through the CompConfidence products you use, you can contact CompConfidence at https://compconfidence.com/contact/. We will respond to requests to control your personal data within 30 days.
- We do not sell your personal data. So, we do not offer an opt-out to the sale of personal data.
- You have the right to request that we (i) disclose what personal data we collect, use, disclose, and sell and (ii) delete your personal data. You may make these requests yourself or through an authorized agent. If you use an authorized agent, we provide your agent with detailed guidance on how to exercise your CCPA rights. You or your authorized agent may contact us as described above. We may ask for additional information, such as your country of residence, email address, and phone number, to validate your request before honoring the request.
- You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your CCPA rights.
- Feedback from customer, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders.
- Changes in our products.
- Changes in our data processing activities or policies.
This is the first publication of this policy. There are no revisions currently.